Total Time (mins) : 20, Difficulty : 2, Servings : 6, Ingredients : 12
Total Prep Time: 20 minutes Calories Per Serving: 150
It’s market day in Seville – shoppers, basket in tow, make their way around the square for the first pick of the season’s bounty. Somewhere in the distance there’s the clapping and tapping flamenco dancers, adorned in their frilly dresses with flowers in their hair. This summery, Southern Spain-inspired “coleslaw” reminds us of that perfect outdoor café meal, light enough for an easy lunch, hearty enough for an entrée side to share.
- 1 package (14 oz.) Classic Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup lite sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons white or red vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or ground cumin
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cooked until tender, drained, halved, cooled
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- IN a large bowl, mix sour cream, orange juice, pesto, tomato paste, vinegar, oil and paprika or cumin until well combined.
- ADD the potatoes, peas, corn, red pepper and Classic Coleslaw to dressing mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- TRANSFER to shallow bowls or plates.