Total Time (mins) : 20, Difficulty : 1, Servings : 4, Ingredients : 7
Total Prep Time : 20 minutes, Calories Per Serving : 340
Fiesta time! Add a little salsa to your spread by turning a traditional taco salad inside out. Skip the fried shell and crack crispy tortilla chips over the top instead. Perfect for young ones and party-goers alike, this no-fuss, Southwestern-inspired salad with beans and greens, lime and sour cream makes for a well-balanced meal or fun, colorful starter. Now, where’s that piñata…
- 1 package (9 oz.) Just Lettuce
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups baked tortilla chips, broken
- 2 Green Onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed, toasted
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- TO prepare dressing: In a large bowl, mix together salsa and sour cream. Add in lime juice; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- TO prepare salad: Add Just Lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, green onions and cumin; toss gently. Add dressing and cheese; toss gently.