Ingredients (For The Patty):
- 1/2 cup crumbled (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup boiled and coarsely crushed sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in 3/4 cup water
- bread crumbs for rolling
Ingredients For The Burger
- 2 burger buns
- Butter (for brushing)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 iceberg lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 onion slices
- salt and freshly ground black peppercorns
Method For The Patty:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter round.
- Dip each patty in the maida (all purpose flour) and water mixture, and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each patty till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and apply ½ tbsp of mayonnaise on each bun halves.
- Place an iceberg lettuce, 1 patty, 2 tomato slices and 2 onion slices and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 3 to5 to make 1 more burger.
- Serve immediately with French fries.